Wednesday 20 June 2012

Choosing Happiness

On Day 7 of Beyond Layers there was talk about happiness, and choosing to be happy, or going towards it, step by step.

Stopping to think about it, I have no need to choose happiness. Quite simply, I AM happy. True, there are these bigger and smaller glitches every now and then, but all in all, what about them? They come and go, and I'll survive them. I have weathered some storms and I am resilient enough to survive a few more. My life is good, I live with the love of my life, my Better Half is a wonderful person I love so deeply, we have a beautiful home and these occasionally infuriating but charming funny dogs, I enjoy my work, I have rewarding hobbies that have brought me many friends and even a few close ones...

Yes, I am a very happy woman.

On the lake on an August evening

Here I'm posting what in my opinion is one of the best photos I've ever taken. I shot it last August with my phone while we were -- well, fishing on the lake. I didn't catch a single fish, Better Half might have caught one, I think. It was rather late, there was next to no breeze and mostly we were just floating about in the cooling evening. I didn't feel like doing anything to the picture, I just added my watermark and the frames. I have no idea if it really is that good a picture, but for me it has the mood of that moment. Peace. Quiet. Happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment