Monday 11 June 2012

Barely enough...

Giraffes - for Beyond Layers, Day 2 Challenge: Just Enough

I enrolled on this year-long e-course of Kim Klassen's in April, since it sounded awfully interesting - working with photos, textures and who knows what. I fully knew that I wouldn't be able to do anything about it for the first few weeks, since I was going to be travelling for the best part of May, and that meant April was going to be busy with all the preparations.   

Back home again, I'm trying to catch up now with the course.

Day 1 Challenge was to write My Creative Story, which will stay private at least for the time being. 

Day 2 Challenge is called Just Enough, and the idea was to keep it simple - a simple topic with plenty of negative space. Well, here's my attempt. The giraffes are standing above my Mac in our study. I used Kim Klassen's texture Awaken to lighten the image slightly.

I'm not too happy with it, though... and I know stills are going be difficult for me. But that's what this is all about, challenging myself! I seriously hope I'll come up with some better pictures later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment